Thanks to all the generous donations we received, we were able to purchase enough materials and make around 600 face shields to donate to local senior housing facilities and healthcare facilities in Hayward, Oakland, Castro-Valley, Fremont, San Leandro, Emeryville, and Berkeley. We updated our design based on available materials and made our face-shields more suitable for cleaning and reuse. Our local Rotary Club found out about our project, and requested for 1000 face-shields to donate to Guatemala. We will try to satisfy all requests, and work until no more work is able to be finished!
In the past 3 weeks, we have made more than 900 masks, but we have not reached the finish line yet. You can help this cause by donating to us on GoFundMe or by making masks yourselves!
Facilities we donated to include:
– Washington Hospital in Fremont
– Sutter Health Urgent Care in Castro Valley and Berkeley
– Highland Hospital Oakland
– Gateway Care & Rehab Center in Hayward (7 dead, 65 cases)
– Alta Medical Center
– Kindred Care Bay Area (San Leandro)
– Carlmont Gardens Nursing Home
Further updates will come! Stay safe, stay healthy, and wash your hands!